Thursday, October 10, 2013

Creatures of Magic




Walker Books Australia asked me to illustrate Maree Fenton-Smith's magical novel for children! This was such a dream come true. I have long admired Walker Books, because of the stories they publish, and because of their logo of the bear walking around with a candle stick. You can imagine how excited I was to work on this!

It has approx. 14 black and white internal illustrations and is the first book I've ever illustrated. 


I worked with a great team at Walker, and with a wonderful story by Maree. It's something I would have liked to read at the age of 10 or 11 - I had dark hair and my cousin had red hair and glasses, and we loved playing detectives, meeting under the staircase and telling ghost stories (this book has mystery, cats, scary creatures!). October 1st was the publication date, so it should be available at all good book retailers in Australia.

I have lots more to post here, if I can ever get around to it! I do keep my facebook page and instagram updated, if you are curious about what I'm up to or my travels at the moment.

2 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Lilly !!!! you are a star!!! Well done you. I'm so proud of you. A whole other venue for your gorgeous illustrations.

Congratulations.

I'm off to the bookstore to get one.

lilly piri said...

Thank you, Loani!! :) I did tell you, I always saw your books on the reserved shelves at our library!